Logoisk. Its surroundings are called “Belarusian Switzerland” for picturesque hills covered with forests. The history of Logoisk has been going on since the 11th century. In the city and its environs, the remains of a citadel of the 11th – 13th centuries, two ancient settlements, the remains of earthen ramparts and ditches, a park and the Church of St. Nicholas of 1845 have been preserved.
In the vicinity of Logoisk there are two ski resorts, which are open not only in winter, but also in summer. These are the ski sports and recreation complex “Logoisk” and the ski center “Silichi”.
One of the main attractions of Belarus, the Khatyn memorial , is located in the Logoisk district., opened in 1969 in memory of hundreds of Belarusian villages destroyed by the Nazis during the Great Patriotic War. The small village of Khatyn was completely burned down in 1943 by the Nazis along with the inhabitants. 149 people died, including 75 children. Now there is a memorial with an area of 50 hectares on this site.
According to BEAUTYPICALLY, 27 km northwest of Minsk, next to the Zaslavsky reservoir on the banks of the Svisloch River, stands the ancient city of Zaslavl. It was founded at the end of the 10th century by Kyiv prince Vladimir Svyatoslavich. You can get acquainted with the history of Zaslavl in the Zaslavl State Historical and Cultural Reserve, which is located in the oldest district of the city, where the old buildings have been preserved. The reserve protects historical monuments and, first of all, the remains of the castle of the 16th-17th centuries, built by the princes Glebovichi. On the territory of the reserve, the Church of the Transfiguration of the Savior of the 15-17th century, which was rebuilt from a Calvinist church, the Church of the Virgin Mary of 1774, and the ethnographic complex “Mlyn” have also been preserved. The Zaslavsky reserve is one of the main places in Belarus where knightly tournaments are held. 6 km from Zaslavl, near the village of Loshany, the historical and cultural complex “Stalin’s Line” was opened in 2005. The “Stalin Line” was a chain of defensive fortifications along the state border of the USSR from the Karelian Isthmus to the shores of the Black Sea, which was built from 1928 to 1939. The defensive fortifications of those times were recreated in the open-air complex. Here you can see pillboxes (long-term firing point), trenches, trenches, anti-tank ditches, positions for rifle squads, dugouts for sheltering personnel, trenches for guns, gouges and wire fences of various types. The museum of the complex contains an extensive collection of military equipment of the 20th and 21st centuries.
Not far from Zaslavl, in the vicinity of the city of Rakov , the estate “Postoyaliy Dvor” is interesting.. The homestead is built in the medieval style of wood and hewn stone and offers opportunities for the so-called “rural tourism”. The complex offers a relaxing holiday with walks in the forest, relaxation on the banks of the pond, evenings of national cuisine and performances of ensembles.
If you go further from Zaslavl to the northwest along the highway, then after 50 km you will find yourself in the city of Molodechno . The city is known for the fact that in 1567 negotiations were held here between Poland and the Grand Duchy of Lithuania on a new political union, the result of which was the creation of the Commonwealth. From the 18th century Molodechno belonged to the family of princes Oginsky. At the end of the 19th century, the Oginskys built a palace complex here, the last owner of which was a prominent politician of the Posoplita River and composer Mikhail Oginsky. To this day, only earthen ramparts have survived from the palace, and in 2001 a monument to Oginsky was erected in Molodechno.Among the sights of the city, one can single out the Intercession Church of the late 19th century, the station building of 1907, the memorial complex “Stalag 342”, erected on the site of a fascist concentration camp, and the building of the teacher’s seminary of 1762, built on the site of the Trinitarian monastery. It was one of the first teachers’ seminaries in the Russian Empire with a church, a hospital, a library and a symphony orchestra. Molodechno surrounded by dense forests. The local hunting ground offers hunting for elk, wild boar and roe deer. Between Molodechno and Zaslavl on the Rybchanka River there is a sanatorium “Sosnovy Bor”.